Have your eyes tested by an award – winning optician
It’s not often you come across a highly skilled optician who has a great sense of humour. You want to see an experienced, accredited professional who isn’t stuck in the past and will treat you as an individual. That is exactly what you will find at The Vision Clinic.
At our practice we appreciate that no two pairs of eyes are the same; neither are the individuals they belong to. For that reason, you can look forward to a tailored eye examination taking all of your personal needs into consideration.
Before having your eyes tested we’ll ask you to complete a simple lifestyle pre-examination questionnaire. This is so that we can address your specific needs during the consultation.
Your eyes will be tested by our optician Tanveer Asaria. As well as having a Masters in Clinical Optometry (only a few opticians have completed this higher qualification), Tanveer has:
- Had papers published in scientific journals
- Presented research on macular degeneration at the prestigious international ARVO conference
- Worked at the contact lens clinic at Moorfields Eye Hospital
- Has supervised undergraduates at The City University
- Worked at The London Eye Unit at The Hospital of St John and St Elizabeth in Central London (londoneyeunit.co.uk). Here she supports consultant ophthalmologists carrying out a full battery of diagnostic tests for glaucoma, diabetic eye disease, macular degeneration and cataract surgery.
During your eye test Tanveer will use some of the most advanced equipment available (see Eye Technology). She will then discuss any findings with you and recommend how to keep your eyes in the best possible health for the future.
Tanveer also provides specialist services in dry eye management, myopia control, dyslexia and visual stress, diabetic and glaucoma screening and laser eye surgery.