I hope you and your loved ones are well.
First a very BIG thank you to our fellow NHS key workers – what amazing bravery and dedication! We have been available throughout the lockdown providing emergency and essential care to our clients when needed.
Great news! The practice is now open for routine eye examinations and contact lens consultations. Priority will be given to clients with essential, urgent or emergency requirements, such as recent changes in vision. This also includes appointments for those who require new spectacles or contact lenses due to visual difficulties, or because they have lost or broken their existing spectacles.
You can also come in to treat yourself to new glasses or sunglasses as a post lockdown reward!
These are the steps we will take to make sure you feel safe and comfortable when you visit the practice.
Social distancing and hygiene measures
- We will call you the day before your appointment to ask whether you or any household members have any COVID symptoms.
- Client visits will be by appointment only – allowing a closed – door policy. So please call first and come wearing a face mask if you have one (you will be provided with one if you forget to bring yours). If possible come alone or with one family member.
- Please do not come early in the interest of social distancing (but don’t be late either)!
- We will ask you to use a hand sanitiser in the waiting area, whilst those who enter the consulting room will be asked to wash their hands with soap and water.
- We will limit the number of people in the practice to ensure that you are never crowded. Whenever possible please remember to maintain a 2-metre separation from everyone as you move from one space to another.
In the consulting room
- Tanveer will be wearing a face mask, eye protection, an apron and gloves as appropriate. She will maintain strict hand hygiene before and after each examination.
- She will wipe all equipment chin rests and other surfaces that clients come into contact with 70 % alcohol wipes before and after each consultation.
- You will be asked to use the hand sanitiser before choosing your glasses.
- Please ask us to pass you the frames that you would like to try.
- The frames will be wiped with an alcohol wipe before and after you try them on.
- We have also bought a UVC machine for frame sanitisation which provides another layer of protection.
- Fitting measurements will be done with an IPAD and a special measuring device so that we don’t have to get too close.
- We would prefer card payments and will wipe the handset before and after each use with an alcohol wipe.
So although we may look a bit different you will still receive the same care and attention to detail that you have always had! We will still be smiling behind our masks…
We will continue to help you
The following services will be available to help you throughout this time :
- Telephone and email support if you have any questions or concerns about your eyesight.
Call: 020 8907 5270 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- An ordering and postal delivery service for contact lenses – please click here https://www.t-v-c.com/order-your-contact-lenses/
Appointment booking service.
Call: 020 8907 5270 or click here : https://www.t-v-c.com/contact-us/
Take care and keep well. We look forward to seeing you all – our very best wishes Tanveer, Jabir , Zera and David.